Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Bracket Is Out! My thoughts?

The best time of the year in sports is finally here:  The bracket is out.  Commence filling out the brackets right away!  Here are my quick thoughts on how the bracket looks:

- Where is the love for the Pac-12?  I thought the conference's seeds were lower than expected, considering Arizona, UCLA and especially Oregon.  I though the Pac-12 conference win, coupled with a 2nd place finish in the conference would get them on a 7-9 line, not a 12.  Their non-conference schedule wasn't great, but they did win at UNLV.  A 12 seed shows that Oregon was on the bubble, which nearly no one (Myself included) thought.

- No love for the SEC either, though warranted.  Ole Miss squeaked in by winning the conference tournament, but Kentucky, Alabama and Tennessee are all bound for the NIT.  After all of these teams played an AWFUL non-conference slate, I cannot say I am surprised (though I did expect A LOT more from Kentucky).

- The Midwest and South regionals are the toughest.  The East is the easiest.  Expect more upsets than usual though.  Bucknell, Belmont, Davidson, Montana and South Dakota State will all be tough outs for high ranked teams.

- Final Four Prediction:
• Louisville (winner)
• VCU
• Indiana
• Ohio State

Overall, I cannot wait for Thursday (and Tuesday to an extent, but let's be serious these are play-in games not round one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment